Whether, one is a supporter of the present occupant of the White House, or opposes his policies, rhetoric, and positions, most should be willing to agree, today’s populist programs, will, most probably, bring forth, significant ramifications! For better, or worse, these last 3 years, should be thought of, as anything, but, normal! This nation has distinguished itself, throughout the world, because of the liberties, freedoms, and justice, guaranteed by the United States Constitution, and, in recent years, there seems to be, at least the perception, by many, of favorable treatment to the wealthiest, and certain political supporters, at the expense of the common good! President Trump’s rhetoric, promises, apparent biases/ prejudices, and seeming to proceed, with the politics of hatred and polarization, instead of the greater good, as well as his Climate Change denial, and reversing environmental policies, etc, may be a clear and present danger, to the well – being of future generations, etc. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 potential ramifications, of the course, we’ve been taking, these past 3 years.
1. Change the nature of the nation: While we will alway have some, who are better off, financially, etc, our present course of action, is serving one segment of our society, at the apparent expense, of others! This is not, what America, The land of the free, and the home of the brave, has always, represented, and, if, we don’t pay attention, sooner, rather than later, we risk potentially dire consequences!
2. Constitutional guarantees: We can’t pick, and choose, which parts of the Constitution, to follow, and which, to ignore! However, we also, can’t permit, individuals, to misstate the meanings of certain components, such as the limited way, the 2nd Amendment, is often, discussed! The words from West Side Story, proclaiming, Only in America, must remain strong, if we hope, democracy will prevail!
3. Bad precedent: Some of the actions, taken, during these past 3 years, are extremely bad precedents, in terms of, what the ramifications, might be, if not addressed, immediately. The Balance of Powers, is essential, and, even, a President, must, realize, that no one, is above the law!
4. Politics over policy: The politics of hate, and division, as well as the potential misdeeds of this administration, present a clear and present danger. However, perhaps, even, more concerning, may be, the partisan behavior, where the members of Trump’s party, seem to unquestionably, follow him, regardless of guilt and bad behaviors!
5. Polarizing instead of unifying: How can we be served and represented, when polarizing is prioritized, instead of unifying? Shouldn’t there be effort, to find a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, instead of this prolonged partisan politics?
Wake up, America, because, what we are witnessing, isn’t normal! Reject the politics – over – people, process, and make America, sane, again!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539